By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
An additional nearly 13,000 COVID-19 cases were reported in South Africa today, putting the case total to 311,049.
In fact, South Africa reported some 100,000 cases in the past nine days.
Gauteng province has reported the most cases with 112,714, followed by Western Cape and Eastern Cape with 81,556 and 55,584 cases, respectively.
107 more COVID-19 related deaths were reported today: 4 from KwaZulu Natal, 12 from North West, 12 from the Eastern Cape, 38 from the Western Cape, and 41 from Gauteng. This brings the total national deaths to 4453.
Officials report the country’s health system has taken a toll due to the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients needing care, particularly in the three above provinces.
- Michigan: Jamestown Canyon virus case confirmed in Ottawa County
- NIH: Investigational COVID-19 vaccine generally well tolerated and prompted neutralizing antibody activity
- Wearing masks to prevent COVID-19 spread: ‘Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus’
- Thailand reports 2600 additional dengue cases in the past week, 5 more deaths
- China: Dozens of tick-borne disease, SFTS, reported in Anhui Province
- Paraguay reports dozens in COVID-19 outbreak linked to Luque supermarket
- COVID-19 study: Patients with milder symptoms have a higher viral load when diagnosed and may carry a higher virus shedding risk potential
Got Smallpox? merchandise