In Spain, according to data from the National Epidemiological Surveillance Network (RENAVE) as of July 29, there have been a total of 4,298 confirmed cases of monkeypox reported.
The reported cases come from 17 Autonomous Communities: Madrid 1,656, Catalonia 1,406, Andalucía 498, Comunidad Valenciana 213, Canarias 102, Basque Country 98, Balearic Islands 89, Aragon 45, Galicia 37, Asturias 36, Castilla y León 31, Castilla-La Mancha 23, Extremadura 20, Murcia 19 and Cantabria 15, Navarra 8 and La Rioja 2.
Of the patients notified in SiViES platform, a total of 4,081 are men and 64 are women. In three patients this information is not recorded. The age ranges from 10 months to 88 years, with a median age of 37 years (interquartile range: 31-44 years).
Among the patients with characterization of their symptoms, they mainly presented exanthema
anogenital (60.3%), fever (56.6%), rash in other locations (not anogenital or oral-buccal) (52.8%) and
A total of 135 patients of the 2,353 (7%) presented complications throughout their clinical process. The
the most frequent were secondary bacterial infections and mouth ulcers.
Of the 3,750 patients with available information, one hundred and twenty cases were hospitalized (3.2%) and one of cases has died.
3,458 of 4,148 patients with available information were men who have sex with men. Information is available on the most likely transmission mechanism in 2,253 cases, with 82.1% for close contact in the context of a sexual relationship and in 10.5% for close non-sexual contact.
In relation to attendance at mass events, of the 3,137 cases with information on this variable, 560
attended an event on the dates prior to the onset of symptoms.
- Brazil reports 1st monkeypox-related death in Minas Gerais man
- Nigeria’s work against the lethal Noma
- Liberia reports first monkeypox case since 2018
- Myanmar records nearly 8,000 dengue cases in first half of 2022
- Hantavirus: A total of 17 cases have been reported in Panama in 2022
- Panama: Miltefosine treatment for leishmaniasis
- Measles in the DRC: More than 2,500 cases including 20 deaths recorded in Kasaï-Oriental
- Philippines dengue cases near 74,000 year to date