In a follow-up on the mumps outbreak at Temple University in Philadelphia, Mark Denys, MHA, BS, RN, Director of Student and Employee Health Services at the school said at present, ten Temple students have tested positive for mumps. Five other students are probable for mumps. Four students are currently under investigation for possible mumps.
From January 1 to February 28, 2019, 30 states and the District of Columbia in the U.S. reported mumps infections in 151 people to CDC.
- New York City to Boston bus trip and a traveler with measles
- Typhoid: Introduction of conjugate vaccine, progress and challenges
- Measles in Ukraine: Vaccination rate for newborn babies was only 54 per cent in 2018
- Nigeria reports 1st vaccine-derived poliovirus case of 2019
- Philippines Red Cross: 2.6 million children could be at risk for measles
- Tetanus: First pediatric case in >30 years in Oregon
- ‘We’re quickly getting to a scary place that’s called a post-antibiotic world’: Researchers