The Regional Director of Health in Beja confirmed 12 cases of brucellosis were recorded in the town of Teboursouk from Beja governorate.
One of the injured was taken to al-Qassab Hospital for treatment after the disease progressed to the bones.
The recent cases are linked to contact with a cow that had an abortion on a farm located in the town of Teboursouk, Beja governorate, weeks ago, and the injured are undergoing the necessary treatment under the supervision of competent authorities.
The presence of this number of infected people in Beja is because it is an agricultural governorate and one of the most important milk-producing areas.
The regional director of health in Beja spoke of the need to verify the source of milk before consuming it and avoid consuming milk that has not been pasteurized.
- Kenya: Anthrax outbreak reported in Muranga County
- Cholera and diarrheal disease in South Africa
- Argentina dengue fever cases top 100,000 this season
- Five Exercises to Improve Wellness and Prevent Cancer During Women’s Health Week
- Pakistan reports 4th Mpox case, 1st in a female
- Dengue fever activity elevated nationwide in Sri Lanka
- Panama: Updated cases to date on dengue, malaria, hantavirus and more