The Uganda Ministry of Health reports the following on the current Ebola outbreak:
Two new confirmed cases (Both female, 43yrs, both from Kassanda who are linked to known cases), bringing the cumulative confirmed cases to 128.
Two additional confirmed deaths (both from Kassanda), bringing the total to 34.
Case Fatality Ratio (CFR) among confirmed cases is 34/128 (27%).
- MRSA: University of Bath’s novel compound that both inhibits the superbug in lab experiments and renders it more vulnerable to antibiotics
- Philippines: Tacloban City reports nearly 200 cholera cases this week
- Japan syphilis cases top 10,000 for the first time since records began
- Spain reports doubling of Shigella in 2022
- Lassa fever: Three rare antibodies, combined in a ‘cocktail’, are effective in blocking infection
- D.C. Cobb’s outbreak investigation over, Norovirus was identified as the pathogen
- Uganda Ebola outbreak update: Latest numbers, Vaccines, Travel restrictions for contacts
- South Africa measles outbreak rises to 11
- Angola reports more than 2,000 measles cases in three weeks