On November 13, Minister for Health- Uganda, Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng Ocero tweeted about a confirmed fatal Ebola case reported in Kayalwe B village, Buyengo sub-county, Jinja district.
This was a 45-year-old male who is linked to a probable case, his brother.
A sample was obtained on the 10th from the dead body, by healthworkers from St Catherine Medical center, Luzinya Buwenge, a private clinic where he had sought treatment before passing on. Contact tracing and epidemiological investigations have been activated.
In addition, the most recent case was reported – a 23yr old female healthcare worker from Eastern Division, Mubende District.
To date, the Ministry of Health has reported 140 confirmed cases, including 55 deaths.
- Florida scientists use novel method to vaccinate against nontyphoidal salmonella
- Vietnam dengue cases top 300K in 2022
- Dengue cases up 132% in Malaysia as tally tops 50,000
- Nepal dengue case count tops 50K for 2022
- West Virginia: 1st pediatric flu death reported of season
- Listeria outbreak affects 6 states; 16 cases, one death
- Uganda Ebola outbreak: Eight districts reporting cases
- Ohio: Measles outbreak reported at child care facility in Columbus area