By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Over the last three months, 98.1% of those hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ukraine are unvaccinated. This was announced by Deputy Minister – Chief State Sanitary Doctor Igor Kuzin.
“According to the Electronic Health Care System, in the last 3 months, almost everyone who is hospitalized due to a severe course or complications of COVID-19 in Ukraine is unvaccinated. If you want to protect yourself from a severe course, hospitalization and death – get vaccinated today , “said Igor Kuzin.
He added that now the epidemic is deteriorating rapidly, the number of new cases of COVID-19 per day has doubled over the past week: from 3300 on Monday, September 13, to more than 6000 on Friday, September 17 .
People over 60, people with comorbidities such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and those who come into daily contact with a large number of people, such as doctors, educators, are at the highest risk of severe COVID-19 death and death. , social workers, employees of state bodies.
Three vaccines are available in Ukraine: AstraZeneca, CoronaVac from Sinovac, Comirnaty from Pfizer. Each of these vaccines effectively prevents severe disease and saves lives, but they only work when they enter your body. A total of 11 million doses of different vaccines are available. The Ministry of Health recommends signing up for vaccinations today to protect your life and health, as well as the people around you.
A total of 11,456,848 vaccinations have been carried out since the beginning of the vaccination campaign. 6,304,016 people were vaccinated, 6,304,014 of them received the first dose, 5,152,834 people completed the vaccination (received two doses) (2 of them received the first dose abroad).
- Florida reports 1st SARS-CoV-2 positive ferret in the US
- Norovirus identified in Georgetown outbreak
- Salmonella outbreak grows rapidly over past few weeks
- Lee County, FL reports two additional Vibrio vulnificus cases
- New York City reports 14 leptospirosis cases, one death in 2021
- Ohio reports second ‘swine flu’ case of 2021
- Quezon City Religious of the Virgin Mary: Eight nuns die from COVID-19
- Monoclonal antibody treatment recommended for certain COVID-19 patients: WHO
- Brazil: Additional leishmaniasis cases reported in Três Lagoas
- Delta variant has become the predominant variant in Peru