In a follow-up on the measles outbreak in Ukraine, the Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine (computer translated) has reported 9091 measles cases – 3270 adults and 5821 children since the beginning of 2018.
In addition, seven fatalities due to complications of measles have been reported this year–five children and two adults.
Most cases have been reported from the following regions: Ivano-Frankivsk (1807), Transcarpathian (1607), Odessa (1207), Chernivtsi (855), and Lviv (870).
The Ministry of Health calls on parents to protect their children and ensure they are vaccinated against measles.
The vaccine is available in all regions. The remainder of vaccines in Ukraine is about 304,000 doses. A new delivery of the vaccine is expected in April.
- South Korea reports 1st Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (SFTS) case of 2018: Tick Bite alert issued
- Brazil yellow fever vaccination campaign: São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Bahia well below the target
- Portugal measles cases rise to 108
- Thailand dengue fever update
- Colombia: Agreement to guarantee comprehensive Chagas care
- Emergent BioSolutions to expand market of anthrax vaccine, BioThrax, in Europe