By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Venezuelan health officials have updated their COVID-19 case data showing that 119 cases have been reported to date, including three deaths. About 80 percent of the COVID-19 infections are being reported in the Capital District.
Officials note that the majority of those affected by COVID-19 in Venezuela are between 30 and 39 years of age, confirming the recent statements issued by the Director General of the World Health Organization, in the which clarified that young people are not immune to the virus.
The Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China in Venezuela, Li Baorong, announced this Saturday that China is ready to send a contingent of specialists to Venezuela , to support the battle that the people are waging against COVID-19.
“The idea is to exchange opinions and offer experiences without reservation,” said the diplomat during the ceremony of handing over and receiving 55 tons of kits, medical supplies and medicines donated by the Chinese government and people to the country to face this pandemic that lashes the world.
Baorong stressed that this humanitarian aid comes from the Chinese province of Sichuan, while stressing that the measures taken by the Government of the President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, to deal with this pandemic have been successful.
The cargo that arrived from China through the airlift established between President Nicolás Maduro and the Asian nation includes: 500 thousand rapid test kits for the COVID-19 control and prevention offensive, 50 thousand PCR test kits, fans for reinforce the sentinel hospitals, 5 million masks, more than 100 isolation and protection suits for health personnel, safety glasses, gloves, slippers, as well as more than 70 thousand inflatable thermometers .
Regarding medications, the shipment includes antivirals, sedatives, more than 30 thousand units of Chloroquine, as part of the treatment that is applied for prophylactic purposes.
- New Orleans COVID-19 cases near 1500, City launches PPE drive
- Jamaica reports two additional COVID-19 cases, both with travel history to New York
- Malaysia: Sarawak reports 1st rabies death of 2020
- Sweden health officials propose increased restrictions on public gatherings as COVID-19 case count rises
- Brazil reports 22 additional COVID-19 deaths in 24 hours, $ 144 million real for the construction of a Hospital Center in Rio
- Germany COVID-19: 5th most cases globally, Low death rate; Hesse’s minister, Thomas Schäfer found dead