The Vietnam Ministry of Health reported today, since the beginning of the year, 247,202 cases and 100 deaths from dengue fever have been reported.
This number increased by more than 10,000 new cases and 2 deaths compared to the first week of October 2022.
Facing the complicated development of the dengue fever epidemic, localities are also trying to implement many measures to monitor the outbreak, prevent the spread of the epidemic, and improve their capacity to respond to the disease.
In Hanoi, from the beginning of 2022 until the end of September 2022, Hanoi has recorded over 4,700 cases of dengue fever (an increase of 3.8 times compared to the number of cases in the same period in 2021), including 5 cases of dengue fever deaths. The type of dengue virus circulating in the city is identified as type DEN-1; DEN-2 and DEN-4.
According to experts, dengue fever can affect both children and adults. Dengue hemorrhagic fever is characterized by fever, hemorrhage and plasma leakage, which can lead to hypovolemic shock, coagulopathy, multi-organ failure, if not diagnosed early and treated promptly, it can lead to serious consequences including death. The disease usually has a sudden onset and progresses through 3 stages: the febrile phase, the critical phase, and the convalescent phase.
- Melioidosis cluster reported in Hong Kong
- Haiti cholera outbreak: ‘The situation is evolving rapidly’
- Brazil reports 10 hantavirus deaths through September
- Dengue: 4 more locally transmitted cases reported in Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Philippines chikungunya cases top 500 in 2022, 30% in Calabarzon
- Rift Valley fever: Human cases in Mauritania nears 40
- Taiwan reports 4th monkeypox case
- Panama: Los Santos region reports 29 hantavirus cases in first 9 months of 2022