The Vietnam Ministry of Health on Sunday reported “The number of new cases of COVID-19 skyrocketed to 142,136”, more than 10,000 cases higher than the previous one day high yesterday (131,780).
Hanoi (29,578), Bac Ninh (8,355), Nghe An (7,579) and Hai Phong (5,154) saw the most cases today.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, Vietnam has recorded 4,434,700 infections. In the past 28 days, 1.9 million cases have been recorded in Vietnam, the 10th most of any country.
The total number of deaths from COVID-19 in Vietnam so far is 40,813, accounting for 1% of the total number of infections.
Compared to other Southeast Asian countries, cases were recorded as follows today: Indonesia increased 30,156 cases, Philippines increased 864 cases, Malaysia increased 33,406 cases, Thailand increased 21,881 cases, Singapore increased 16,274 cases, Myanmar increased 1,596 cases, Laos increased 0 cases, Cambodia increased 330 cases, East Timor increased 0 cases.
- Norovirus on the rise in Taiwan
- Nipah and Hendra viruses may provide blueprints for vaccine design and antibody treatments
- Russia: 18 cases of Opisthorchiasis were registered in Penza region in 2021
- Brazil: Rio Preto reports more than 1,000 dengue cases since beginning of year
- Denmark study: 59% of adult Danes have been infected with COVID-19 since November
- Nigeria reports 540 confirmed Lassa fever cases, nearly 100 deaths in first two months
- Philippines: Zamboanga City reports continuing increase in the number of dengue cases
- Missouri is the latest state to report avian influenza