According to the Yemeni Ministry of Public Health and Population (MOPHP), during the past 5 months of this year, the number of measles infected people in areas controlled by the Yemeni government reached 2,924 cases, including 34 deaths, excluding the governorates under the control of the Houthis faction.
Last week, the health authorities in the Yemeni government began implementing a campaign to immunize children in ten Yemeni governorates.
The vaccination campaign will include children from the age of 6 months to 10 years, even for those who have been vaccinated and have completed the routine immunization dose.
- DRC: More than 100 cholera cases reported in Kalehe health zone
- Malaysia reports 32-fold increase in hand, foot and mouth disease in 2022
- Brazil investigates 6 suspected monkeypox cases
- Dengue alert issued for Colombo District, Sri Lanka
- GSK MMR vaccine, Priorix, receives FDA approval
- San Francisco reports first probable case of monkeypox
- South Africa reports four confirmed measles cases in Gauteng
- Legionnaires’ disease in the Bronx: 25 cases and two deaths
- New York City monkeypox cases rise to 7
- Colorado: Tularemia case reported in Pueblo County child, 1st human case of 2022