This week is World Antibiotic Awareness Week (Nov 13-19). It’s an annual observance to raise awareness of the threat of antibiotic resistance and the importance of appropriate antibiotic prescribing and use.
Chair and Professor of Medical Laboratory Science at Texas State University, Rodney Rohde, PhD joined me to discuss a variety of issues concerning antibiotic resistance, what’s being done at the global/national level and and in the agriculture sector to get this under control and what individuals can do to prevent and control the spread of antibiotic resistance.
- Stewards Working to Save Antibiotics: Pharmacy & The Medical Laboratory
- ACC Globalization & Diseases
- CDC Antibiotic / Antimicrobial Resistance
- World Health Organization
Other interviews with Dr Rohde:
- MRSA, C. diff and other healthcare-associated infections
- Medical Laboratory Professionals: Current issues, Future outlook
- Lab Week 2017: A discussion panel
- Antibiotic crisis looming: Osterholm’s thoughts
- Sepsis: An interview with Steven LaRosa, MD
- Sepsis survivor, Mary Millard, tells her story
- Bacteriophage therapy: A remarkable story
- Clostridium difficile awareness: A discussion with Steven LaRosa, MD
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden