The Taiwan Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported 2,017 new local cases of dengue fever in the country last week (September 19 to September 25 this year).
The cases were located in Tainan City (1,855 cases), Kaohsiung City (82 cases), Yunlin County ( 27 cases), Pingtung County (20 cases), Chiayi County (8 cases), Nantou County (6 cases), Taichung City (5 cases), Taoyuan City and Hsinchu City (4 cases each), Chiayi City (2 cases) , Keelung City, New Taipei City, Taipei City and Hsinchu County (1 case each).
This brings the total dengue cases in the country to 10,496 local cases. Tainan City accounts for 90 percent of the total (9,463).
In addition, three more dengue deaths were reported last week, bringing this total to 15.
- Cambodia reports 1st Zika virus case since 2016
- Mongolia: Suspect bubonic plague case reported in Zavkhan province, according to media report
- Turkey health minister on flu vaccines: ‘Please do not neglect it’
- Vietnam: More than 80,000 hand, foot and mouth disease cases, 21 deaths reported in 2023
- Laos reports 1st monkeypox case
- Bangladesh: Dengue deaths top 900, 2/3s in Dhaka
- Anthrax cases in beef cattle rise in North Dakota
- Japan reports 1st Japanese encephalitis case of 2023 in Kumamoto Prefecture
- Monkeypox outbreak in DRC
- Dengue outbreak declared in Jamaica