Various strains of avian influenza, or bird flu has reared it’s ugly head throughout Europe, South Asia and Israel.
One of the best sources on the happenings with avian influenza worldwide is Avian Flu Diary, a blog covering pandemic and seasonal influenza, H5N1 bird flu, Emerging Infectious Diseases, public health and community & individual preparedness.
Here are the updates on avian influenza news from recent days and there is no shortage of news:
- OIE Notification: HPAI H5N8 In Israel
- Denmark: DVFA Orders Poultry `Indoors’, Cancels All Bird Shows
- Europe: Unusual Mortality Among WIld Birds From H5N8
- Denmark: DVFA Destroying Hundreds Of Thousands Of Imported Eggs
- Switzerland: FSVO Confirms H5N8 Now Detected At Lake Geneva
- DEFRA: Updated Assessment Of H5N8 In Europe
- South Korea: MAFRA Reports H5N6 Detected In Wild Bird Feces
- Austria: H5N8 Confirmed In Poultry (Turkeys)
- Netherlands: H5N8 Detected In Multiple Locations
- Denmark Confirms H5N8 In Wild Ducks
- OIE Notification: H5N8 In Switzerland
- Germany: H5N8 Now detected on Island of Riems