By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Brazil Ministry of Health reports the death toll related to COVID-19 infection has surpassed the 10,000 mark, with 10,017 reported to date.
In addition, 146,894 cases of coronavirus have been reported across Brazil. Of the total confirmed cases, 40 percent are considered recovered.
The coronavirus is generally present in all Brazilian states. São Paulo continues to concentrate most of the notifications, with 41,830 cases and 3,416 deaths, followed by Rio de Janeiro, which has 15,741 confirmations and 1,503 deaths. The states with the lowest number of notifications are Mato Grosso do Sul, with 326 confirmed cases and 11 deaths, and Mato Grosso, which records 547 cases and 14 deaths.
On Friday, the state of Rio de Janeiro received a shipment of 1.3 million Personal Protective Equipment (EPIS) that will be used by health professionals who are on the front line providing care to patients with coronavirus. Of this total, 1,182,476 EPIS are going to the State Health Secretariat of Rio de Janeiro, which will distribute them to municipalities as needed, and 182,030 have been delivered to federal hospitals in Rio de Janeiro, administered by the Ministry of Health.
Lastly, health professionals, from the strategic action “O Brasil Conta Comigo”, who are at the forefront in the fight against COVID-19, have available psychiatric support offered by the Ministry of Health. This measure aims to take care of the mental health of professionals hired by the Government Federal Government to assist managers of the Unified Health System (SUS) in actions to combat the pandemic in the states.
The president of the Brazilian Association of Psychiatry (ABP), Antônio Geraldo da Silva said, “the mental health of doctors and other first-rate health service providers must be a priority. We need to take care of mental health services, justifying and alerting what I call the fourth wave: mental trauma, mental illness, economic difficulties and suicide ”.
- Afghanistan reports 6 additional polio cases in past week
- COVID-19 testing: FDA Authorizes First Diagnostic Test Using At-Home Collection of Saliva Specimens
- COVID-19 antigen test evaluated by European scientists
- Singapore dengue: Cases rise, Officials expand release of Wolbachia-carrying Aedes aegypti mosquitoes
- COVID-19 infection: Sense of smell lost by 3rd day in most patients
- Nigeria sees COVID-19 count top 3,000
- Russia reports jump in COVID-19 infections, ‘Diagnostics have become more actively used’ according to Chief Infectionist
- Taiwan reports additional Hantavirus hemorrhagic fever case
One thought on “Brazil COVID-19 deaths top 10,000, Health professionals guaranteed psychiatric support”