As of Monday, July 11, Brazil has reported 219 confirmed cases of monkeypox. The total number of cases was based on information released by the Ministry of Health and the State Health Department of Rio de Janeiro.
The Ministry of Health registers 218 confirmed cases of the disease, while the Health Department of Rio de Janeiro reports that it has registered another case of monkeypox in the state.
According to the ministry, São Paulo has the highest number of cases: 158. Then comes Rio de Janeiro, which, according to the State Health Department, has 34 confirmed cases of the disease.
Elsewhere in Brazil, cases were registered in the states of Minas Gerais (14), Paraná (three), Rio Grande do Sul (three), Ceará (two), Rio Grande do Norte (two), Goiás (two) and Distrito Federal (one).
- Russia: 19 Q Fever cases confirmed in the Rostov Region
- Hendra virus detected in Queensland horse, 1st case in 5 years
- Jamaica: 1st monkeypox case escapes hospital, Now back in isolation
- New Zealand reports 1st monkeypox case, ‘Not unexpected’
- Argentina reports two more monkeypox cases in Buenos Aires, Country total now 9
- Sierra Leone anthrax outbreak update
- France monkeypox cases top 700 cases, 2nd child infected
- Monkeypox cases in Sweden reach 43, Most in Stockholm
- Finland reports 3 additional monkeypox cases, Brings total to 13