The Cambodia Ministry of Health reported Friday that the total dengue fever cases reported in the first 22 weeks of the year is 1,354. Three deaths have been recorded year to date.
This is double the number of cases reported during the same period in 2021 (624 cases; 1 death in the first 20 weeks).
Officials say the early rainy season was attributed to the surge in dengue fever cases.
Minister of Health Mam Bun Heng called on the public and local authorities to jointly prevent the birth of mosquitos with the slogan “my family are role models because my home has no mosquito larvae”.
“Caretakers and parents of all children and local authorities have to be actively destroying the places where the mosquitoes live. Construction site owners and workers at each construction site have to clean the environment around their construction sites,” he said.
- Nigeria reports 10 additional monkeypox cases, Total cases now 31 in 2022
- Ho Chi Minh City: From now to the end of the year, there may be an outbreak of dengue fever
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever 101
- Backyard poultry contact linked to more than 200 Salmonella illnesses in 2022
- Spain monkeypox cases rise to 275
- Philippines: Measles cases up 163% in the Central Visayas
- Philippines: Zamboanga City dengue cases up 1,848% in 2022
- Singapore dengue outbreak eclipses 14,000 cases