By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In a follow-up on the COVID-19 outbreak in King County, Washington, Public Health – Seattle & King County reports four additional cases of COVID-19 in King County residents. With these four new results, the total number of cases in King County is ten. In addition, an additional death has been reported, bringing the total number of deaths in King County from COVID-19 to two.
The four new cases are in:
- A female in her 80s, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. The woman has underlying health conditions, and is in critical condition
- A female in her 90s, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. The woman has underlying health conditions, and is in critical condition
- A male in his 70s, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth in Kirkland. The man has underlying health conditions, and is in critical condition
- A male in his 70s was hospitalized at EvergreenHealth. He had underlying health conditions and died on 2/29/20.
All of these newly identified cases are among residents of LifeCare, the skilled nursing facility in Kirkland that was previously identified to have two associated cases.
Six other cases, already reported earlier by Public Health, include:
- A man in his 60s, hospitalized at Valley Medical Center in Renton.
- A man in 60s, hospitalized at Virginia Mason Medical Center.
- A woman in her 50s, who had traveled to South Korea; recovering at home
- A woman in her 70s, who was a resident of LifeCare in Kirkland, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth
- A woman in her 40s, employed by LifeCare, who is hospitalized at Overlake Medical Center
- A man in his 50s, who was hospitalized and died at EvergreenHealth
Public Health – Seattle & King County tweeted At this time, we are not recommending school closures or cancellation of activities at schools.
Public Health is working hard to identify close contacts of these confirmed cases. These close contacts may include family members, co-workers, emergency responders and other contacts. A team of CDC officials is on-the-ground working with Public Health, along with the Washington State Department of Health, our healthcare system partners and many others.
- Florida reports first presumptive positive COVID-19 cases in Hillsborough and Manatee counties
- New York reports 1st COVID-19 case in traveler to Iran
- Thailand records 1st COVID-19 death
- Germany COVID-19 outbreak: 129 cases, Travel and PPE procurement
- Italy: US State Dept. raises travel advisory to Level 4 for Lombardy and Veneto
- Dominican Republic reports 1st COVID-19 case, 1st in the Caribbean
- Coronavirus in King County, WA: 2 additional COVID-19 cases confirmed
- COVID-19 in the US: Rhode Island reports first presumptive positive case