By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In an update on the 11th Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), in Équateur Province, the DRC CMRE reports since the start of the epidemic declared on June 01, 2020, the cumulative number of cases has been 17, including 14 confirmed and 3 probable. In total, there were 11 deaths (8 confirmed and 3 probable).
The 10th EVD outbreak in eastern DRC that started nearly two years ago gets closer to being declared over (on June 25) if no additional cases are reported.
Since the start of the epidemic, the cumulative number of cases has been 3,463, of which 3,317 have been confirmed and 146 are probable. In total, there were 2,280 deaths (2,134 confirmed and 146 probable) and 1,171 survivors.
- Philippines reports downward trend in COVID-19 mortality, Expanded testing guidelines issued
- E. coli O157:H7 prompts recall of 43K pounds of ground beef
- Scripps researchers isolate powerful coronavirus-neutralizing antibodies from COVID-19 patients and successfully test in animals
- Baricitinib Phase 3 Clinical Trial begins: For hospitalized COVID-19 patients
- Research shows 1-in-15 hesitant about routine childhood vaccines and almost 1-in-4 hesitant about influenza vaccines
- COVID-19: Dozens more cases reported in Beijing
- Follow-up: Japan rabies patient dies, 1st imported case in 14 years