The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Ministry of Health (MOH) recorded 13 more new cases of Ebola bringing the cumulative number of cases is 386.
Of this total, 339 are confirmed and 47 are probable. In total, there were 219 deaths (172 confirmed and 47 probable).
Of the new cases in the Katwa Health Zone, five are family members living in the Rughenda health area. They were registered as contacts of a confirmed case of Katwa who died in early November. They had refused vaccination and follow-up. They finally agreed to be treated at Butembo CTE.
- Animal viruses: New model predicts which may spread among humans
- Measles outbreak in Colombia prompts CDC travel notice
- Hong Kong reports 2nd human case of rat hepatitis E
- ‘Starved ticks are more likely to look for a host’: University of Cincinnati scientists
- Ocean County measles outbreak: 14 confirmed, 13 potential cases under investigation
- Sepsis Alliance releases guide for family members who care for loved ones with sepsis and sepsis survivors
- Rubella cases top 2,000 in Japan
- Trypanosoma brucei: Clemson researchers unravel some mysteries of the parasite