Health officials in France have reported the third measles fatality of 2018 in a 17-year-old immunocompromised girl from the region of New Aquitaine.
Overall, there has been a decrease in the number of new weekly cases and has stabilized with an average of 40 reported weekly cases.
As of July 08, 2018, 2646 cases reported since November 6, 2017 from 85 departments. 22% of reported cases were hospitalized.
89% of measles cases occurred in unimmunized or underimmunized.
- McDonald’s salads linked to Cyclospora cases in Illinois
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS): CDC releases updated website
- Huge cancer burden holding down Nigeria
- Ticks found in 83 counties where not previously recorded: Citizen-Scientist Study
- Zimbabwe loses 3,000 cattle to tick-borne diseases
- Newcastle disease in California: More cases reported, Quarantine imposed in San Bernardino County and Riverside County
- Hepatitis A death associated with the Indiana outbreak confirmed
- Measles outbreak tally in England now 750
- Tularemia: Human case reported in Larimer County, CO