By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials in Germany are reporting (computer translated) the first confirmed novel coronavirus (2019-NoCv) case in the country.
The patient is from the district of Starnberg in Bavaria. According to the “Task Force Infectiology” of the State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL), the patient is clinically in good condition. He is being monitored medically and is isolated. Close contacts have been informed in detail and informed about possible symptoms, hygiene measures and transmission channels.
The “Task Force Infectiology” of the LGL and the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) currently consider the risk for the Bavarian population to be infected with the new type of corona virus to be low.
The German government is considering evacuating citizens out of Wuhan.
- Novel coronavirus case reported in Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- Measles case reported in Brisbane
- Cystic fibrosis: New treatment found to kill Mycobacterium abscessus infection
- Taiwan reports 5th imported novel coronavirus case, HKU experts estimate more than 40K cases in Wuhan
- Australia: 2019 Novel coronavirus confirmed in three in NSW, Death toll rises to 80 in China
- Arizona reports 2019 Novel Coronavirus case in Maricopa County
- Novel coronavirus in Los Angeles and other updates