The Chinese National Health and Family Planning Commission reported on an additional human case of avian influenza A(H7N9), this one from Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. This is the 14th case reported from this region.
The 72-year-old male patient in Korla City died on January 10. He had contact with live poultry before the onset of symptoms.
Since 2013, 1,565 human cases have been reported with all but 31 reported in China.
- Avian influenza in humans 2017: Hong Kong officials break it down
- H5N6 avian influenza confirmed in Fujian province, China child
- Philippines reports 4th H5N6 avian influenza outbreak since August
- H5N6 avian influenza in cats: South Korea CDC statement
- Pets: Raw meat diets pose a risk to both animal and human health
- Australia: Widespread hepatitis A local transmission among Victoria MSM reported
- Flu widespread in the US: CDC update scheduled Friday
- Ukraine: 12 kids admitted to Kiev hospital with measles since beginning of year
- Brucellosis outbreak: 21 confirmed and dozens of suspected cases
- Philippines: January is Schistosomiasis Awareness month