The Center for Disease Control (CDC) in Hanoi reported this week the number of cases of chickenpox and dengue fever in the city continued to increase.
Compared to the same period in 2022, the number of chickenpox cases recorded in Hanoi in early 2023 increased sharply. Specifically, last week, Hanoi also recorded 86 cases of chickenpox (an increase of 16 cases compared to the previous week).
from the beginning of 2023 until now, the city has had 634 cases of chickenpox (while in the same period in 2022, there were only 6 cases). The number of cases was high in the preschool age group (37.5%) and primary school (36.5%). Patients are distributed in 17/30 districts, led by Chuong My with 241 cases, followed by Me Linh with 96 cases, Ba Vi (83 cases), Nam Tu Liem (58 cases), My Duc (51 cases).
In addition to chickenpox, the number of dengue fever cases in Hanoi is also continuing to increase.
In the past week, 17 cases of dengue fever were recorded (an increase of 9 cases compared to the previous week). Thus, accumulated from the beginning of 2023 until now, Hanoi has had 189 cases of dengue fever (an increase of nearly 19 times compared to the same period in 2022). Patients distributed in 26/30 districts, towns; 120/579 communes, wards and townships.
The number of dengue cases in Hanoi increased in the first months of this year in line with the general trend of the country. From the beginning of 2023 to March 17, the whole country recorded 20,537 cases of dengue fever (an increase of 2.1 times over the same period in 2022), including 3 deaths.
- Philippines measles cases top 200, Dengue cases doubled from last year
- California: H5N1 Avian Influenza Detected In Deceased Mountain Lions
- Paraguay experiences its largest chikungunya epidemic and is one of the largest recorded in South America, CDC team in country
- Chile reports 1st human case of H5N1 avian influenza
- Brazil reaches the mark of 700,000 deaths from Covid-19
- Russia: Increase in opisthorchiasis cases in Novosibirsk region
- Peru: 20 cases of leptospirosis have been registered in Lambayeque