Who said health care must be expensive and essentially dominated by the US government and insurance companies? Free market options are out there and this sector is growing as the government-insurance cartel crumbles before our eyes.
Wichita, Kansas family physician, Dr. Josh Umbehr joined me to talk about his Direct Primary Care Clinic, which is essentially a membership service, providing health care at a low cost and exceptional service.
Umbehr talks about how his practice works, services provided and patient and doctor savings. Fascinating stuff you don’t want to miss.
This interview originally aired on the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show on Apr. 24, 2016.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
LifeFone Medical Alert – Only $24.95 per month, no long term contract.
Recommended links: IAmDirectCare and Atlas.MD
- Analysis of health insurance claims reveal increase in Lyme disease
- Parasites 101: Ascaris lumbricoides
- A new Lyme disease test: Dr Richard Marconi discusses the GLD Test
- Talking Hepatitis A with Dr Amesh Adalja
- America’s financial crisis: Health care and Social Security
- Rand Paul says no to insurance company bailouts, proposes formation of associations to purchase group health insurance
- Sen. (Dr.) Rand Paul introduces Life at Conception Act
- Bernie Sanders universal health care: Nearly seven out of 10 supporters would not pay more than $1000 in additional taxes
- Cholera: The disease, the Yemen crisis and the vaccine
- Breast cancer Q & A with Dr J. Leonard Lichtenfeld
One thought on “Health care options: Direct Care”