Chief Minister, Pinarayi Vijayan announced on social media the first case of monkeypox in Kerala state, India (computer translated):
Monkeypox has been confirmed in the state. Monkeypox was confirmed by a passenger from UAE. He was admitted into isolation as a precautionary measure at the time he showed symptoms. Those who came in contact with him were also under observation. The condition of the patient is satisfactory.
The government is taking steps to strengthen surveillance by testing people with similar symptoms of monkeypox. Everyone should strictly follow the guidelines given by the Health Department. Everyone should make it a habit to wear a mask and wash their hands with soap. There is no situation to worry about. We can prevent monkeypox like Covid.
- Panama Ministry of Health reports 1,634 cases of dengue so far in 2022
- Tanzania: Ebola, Marburg ruled out in outbreak
- Philippines: Zamboanga City dengue total nears 3,000 cases
- Pakistan: North Waziristan reports 12th wild polio case of 2022
- Thailand: Dengue cases reported from all 77 provinces
- Portugal monkeypox cases update, Vaccination standard
- Philippines: 65K dengue cases reported in first six months of 2022
- Tanzania: Mystery illness sickens 13, kills 3 in Lindi Region
- France monkeypox update: 912 cases reported to date