Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Jan. 12 through Jan. 18:
The Top 5 post of the week was a collection of radio show and podcast interviews on the topic of the brain-eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri.
A precautionary warning from NSW Health in Australia concerning the brain eating amoeba came out as the fourth most popular post of the week.
An update of the status of the tick infested carpet python was the 3rd most popular post.
An outbreak of vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) is reported in Mozambique.
The latest update on the GI outbreak onboard the Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas was the top post of the week.
- Malaysia reports another human rabies death in Sarawak
- Shingrix shortage: Is Schumer linking it to the shutdown?
- Louisiana hepatitis A outbreak update
- Measles in the United States 2018: 2nd most cases since 2000
- Measles in Clark County: Public health emergency declared
- CDC: ‘Those never vaccinated against yellow fever should avoid travel to Nigeria during the outbreak’
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Preparing for Disease X, Zika diagnostics
- Novel broad-spectrum antiviral drug discovered by HKU researchers