Here are the top five posts on Outbreak News Today for the week Jan. 5 through Jan. 11:
The number 5 post of the week is based on a report from the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) about a rare antibiotic-resistant infection (mcr-1) in a patient being treated in Cheyenne.
Japan has reported more syphilis cases in 2018 than has been seen in decades.
Researchers from Singapore’s Duke-NUS Medical School, in collaboration with scientists in China, have identified and characterised a new genus of filovirus from a Rousettus bat in China.
The number two post of the week was our initial report on the GI outbreak onboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas cruise ship.
The top story of the week was on New York state’s large measles outbreak.
- Polio outbreak confirmed in Mozambique
- Drug resistant gonorrhea in the UK: Two cases being investigated
- San Antonio: Flu activity up, Metro Health giving away free flu vaccine
- Uganda: Cholera outbreak in Kampala
- Travel warning: Drug-resistant Pseudomonas infections linked to surgeries in Tijuana, Mexico
- Chile begins measles vaccination campaign, First hantavirus case confirmed
- Chagas disease diagnosis and treatment: PAHO issues new guide