By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Italy Ministry of Health reported an additional 3,233 coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 cases and 349 deaths in the past 24 hours.
This brings the lockdowned country to 27,980 total cases and 2,158 deaths. Only Hubei, China has reported more COVID-19 fatalities.
The region of Lombardy, by far the hardest hit area, now reports 14,649 cases and 1,420 deaths.
- Costa Rica: State of National Emergency declared, Case count now 41
- South Africa: COVID-19 outbreak rises to 62 cases, President Cyril Ramaphosa declares National State of Disaster
- Norovirus prompts recall of frozen blackberries
- COVID-19 investigational vaccine: Clinical trials begin in Seattle
- Vibrio prompts recall of shrimp
- CDC, NIH report COVID-19 positive employees
- Iran reports 1,200 more coronavirus cases
- New York COVID-19 cases surpass 700, Cuomo calls on Trump for aggressive national strategy for testing
- COVID-19 in the Philippines: Cases rise to 140
- Switzerland: The number of cases increasing rapidly, 2,200 coronavirus cases to date
- Louisiana reports 2 COVID-19 deaths in Orleans Parish