Japan health officials reported eight additional monkeypox, or mpox cases from May 1, 2023 to May 7, 2023, bringing the country total to 135.
The latest cases include seven from Tokyo and one from Kanagawa Prefecture.
On July 25, 2022, the first case of monkeypox in Japan was reported in Tokyo. Japan reported only eight cases in 2022.
- Zimbabwe reports more than 800 cholera cases in past three months
- CDC reissues travel advisory for Equatorial Guinea over Marburg outbreak
- Vancouver health officials warns of possible hepatitis A risk at McDonalds
- San Diego: Deer mouse tests positive for hantavirus
- Sri Lanka reports more than 33,000 dengue cases through mid May
- Alaska: Rabies outbreak reported in Nome foxes
- Dengue fever outbreak reported in Afar, Ethiopia
- Brazil: São Paulo reports 200K probable dengue cases through April
- Sanofi’s Nirsevimab shows 83% reduction in RSV infant hospitalizations, according to data
- Taiwan reports 3rd human infection with swine influenza A(H1N2) variant virus
- Afghanistan reports 1st wild poliovirus case of 2023
- Hong Kong investigates rat Hepatitis E virus infection