By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In a follow-up on the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation in Japan, the National Institute of Infectious Diseases reported today on a case in a patient who is reported a history of contact with a traveler from Wuhan.
The patient, a 40 year old woman from Osaka, was reported to have been in contact with a tourist from Wuhan City when he visited a medical care provider on January 23.
She is doing well and is currently hospitalized for follow-up.
This is the eighth 2019-nCoV case in Japan to date.
- Mumps case reported at UNC Greensboro
- Lassa fever: Nigeria reports nearly 100 cases in past week
- Japan reports 7th 2019-nCoV case
- Zinc lozenges did not shorten the duration of colds: Study
- Malaysia records 3 additional novel coronavirus cases, China case count nears 6000
- Canada: 1st confirmed 2019-nCoV in British Columbia
- Germany reports 3 additional novel coronavirus cases in Bavaria
- MARBURG Virus detected in fruit bats in Sierra Leone