After reporting more than 5,500 syphilis cases in 2017 and more than 6,000 last year, the most cases in decades, 2019 is shaping up to be another rough year with the serious sexually transmitted infection.
Through Mar. 10, Japanese health officials have reported 1,132 cases. Tokyo and Osaka have reported the most cases with 304 and 195, respectively.
Affordable, 5 Minute Testing with our at-home testing kits for Syphilis. No doctor or lab visits required. Order now!
Measles, rubella and pertussis cases are high so far in 2019.
Officials have reported 304 measles, 860 rubella and 2,989 pertussis cases since the beginning of the year.
Concerning measles, officials report the current outbreak has comparatively increased faster than the cases identified during Okinawa outbreak in April 2018.
- Philippines: Dengue in Calabarzon, Chickenpox in Iloilo
- Philippines: Measles death toll now 333, Rizal reports dramatic increase in cases
- Malaysia, Vietnam report dengue fever increase
- Guam reports Shigella outbreak
- Vietnam: Pork tapeworm outbreak affects hundreds of children in Bac Ninh
- Thailand: Chikungunya cases up 500 in past week, nearly 10,000 dengue cases reported in 2019
- Rubella outbreak: CDC updates travel advisory for Japan
2 thoughts on “Japan syphilis cases top 1000, Vaccine-preventable diseases rise”