According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), group B strep is the leading cause of sepsis and meningitis in a newborn’s first week of life.
July is International Group B strep awareness month and retired obstetrician and infectious disease specialist, Dr James A McGregor joined me to discuss a variety of topics related to Group B strep. Dr McGregor also serves on the board of the Group B Strep International , an awareness organization.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Join homeschoolers from across the country on family and student homeschool adventures with the National Home School Association. Become a member today.
- Lyme disease: Borrelia biofilm in the body demonstrated
- Multiple recurring C. diff infections rising: An interview with Dr James Lewis
- Everything you wanted to know about rabies
- Powassan virus: The spread is inevitable
- Hantavirus: An interview with Dr Paul Ettestad
- Psoriasis: Oral treatment clinical trials
- Ringworm: Is it a worm? No, it’s a fungus among us
- Chikungunya: An interview with Dr Roger Nasci
- Group B Strep vaccine goes into Phase 1 trials
- Netherlands: Group B strep in newborns up, universal screening and antibiotic prophylaxis recommended
One thought on “July is International Group B Strep Awareness Month”