Anthrax was detected in two residents of the Tyulkubas district of the Turkestan region. This was reported in the Department of Sanitary and Epidemiological Control of the region, according to a news.mail.ru report.
One of the patients is being treated in the Akmola region, the other in the Turkestan region. The patients are in stable condition and will soon be discharged from the hospital.
The DSEK said that the meat of sick animals was not bought in the Turkestan region. According to the sick, the meat was brought from the Zhambyl region. Competent authorities are engaged in finding out where and from whom the meat was purchased.
“Dear residents of the region. We urge you to purchase meat and meat products only in verified places with a veterinary certificate. Please do not trust the audio recordings distributed by unknown citizens,” the Department of Sanitary and Epidemiological Department of the Turkestan region addressed residents.
At the same time, it was stated here that the information disseminated over the past few days on WhatsApp regarding anthrax is not true.
Anthrax is a particularly dangerous infectious disease of agricultural and wild animals of all kinds, as well as humans, caused by the bacterium Bacillus anthracis. It is characterized by intoxication, the development of serous-hemorrhagic inflammation of the skin, lymph nodes and internal organs.
- Alabama investigates Adenovirus infections in young children
- E. coli O157:H7 cases investigated in Northeastern Alabama
- Rabies: Rabid anteater transferred between zoos exposes 13 people
- New York reports on emergence of Omicron subvariants
- Avian influenza reported in two Idaho backyard flocks
- Florida reports additional meningococcal disease case in Polk County
- Chagas disease: No records of acute infection in Federal District in recent years