By Jory Lange
La Mex restaurant has voluntarily closed after 8 people contracted Salmonella. The affected customers ate at La Mex between August 31st and September 7th. Grundy County Health Department is investigating this Salmonella outbreak. La Mex has voluntarily closed during the investigation.
La Mex is located at 115 E. Jackson Street in Morris, Illinois.
As part of its investigation into the La Mex Salmonella Outbreak, Grundy County Health Department publicly announced that, “Food consumed at La Mex restaurant between 8/31/2021 and 9/7/2021. If you ate there on the dates mentioned and have been ill, the county is asking that you see your doctor and get tested for the pathogen. Even if you recover completely after contracting this infection, there are long term health complications that could occur.”
According to WCSJ radio, “At this point, the Grundy County Health Department, said that ‘this outbreak does not appear to be directly correlated to operating errors or issues in the establishment, but with the food sold by their suppliers.’”
- Texas reports more animal anthrax cases, State total now 9
- Cambodia’s COVID-19 vaccination success: 97% of adults vaccinated
- Vietnam reports more than 13K COVID-19 cases Friday, Approves Hayat – Vax vaccine
- Utah reports 11 West Nile virus cases to date
- Delaware: Rabies warning in Rehoboth Beach
- Minnesota reported EEE and EHV in two different horses
- North Dakota reports second anthrax case in Kidder County
- Iowa: Two ‘swine flu’ cases reported, Both fully recovered
- Brain aneurysm awareness month with Olivia Hoblit
- Florida: Leon County records state’s 8th Vibrio vulnificus death