13-year old Olivia Goodreau has been living with Lyme disease for half her life. She joined me today to tell her story from the tick bite to a myriad of symptoms to visiting 51 doctors before being diagnosed with the tick-borne disease.
Olivia also talked about her nonprofit organization, LivLyme Foundation, which supports the work of researchers and scientists who are dedicated to finding the effective treatment for Lyme disease and ultimately finding the cure.
We also talk about the TickTracker app, her idea which allows you to track & report ticks in real-time with geolocation.
Jeff Stauffer, Founder of The Plan also joined the discussion. Jeff led the design and strategy for the app.
- Lyme disease: New research on Borrelia burgdorferi persistence
- Lyme disease treatment: Some thoughts
- The history behind the Lyme disease controversy and what’s new in Lyme research
- Lone star ticks do not transmit the Lyme bacteria: Entomologist
- A look at the differences in geographical distribution of Lyme disease
- A new Lyme disease test: Dr Richard Marconi discusses the GLD Test
- Lyme disease, Stevia and the quest for better treatments
- Lyme disease: Borrelia biofilm in the body demonstrated
- Powassan virus: The spread is inevitable
- Lyme: Q & A with Paul Auwaerter, MD
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden