The Selangor State Health Department, or Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Selangor reported a second human rabies case in the state.
According to a news release, the patient is a 85-year-old man who was infected in the Kuala Langat district on April 22.
Prior to that, the family noticed changes in his behavior and physicians noticed a wound on his right leg. He also suffered with headaches and loss of appetite.
It was revealed he was bitten by a dog two months ago. Laboratory testing confirmed he was rabies positive on April 24.
Officials say he is hospitalized and in stable condition as of last week.
- Pakistan: First Naegleria fowleri death recorded in 2022 in Sindh
- Bolivia: Hantavirus health alert issued for Palos Blancos
- How Acinetobacter baumannii survives without water on hospital surfaces: Vanderbilt researchers discovery
- Israel: Strauss salmonella chain of events, Audit of plant and recall in US
- Tuberculosis: Washington cases on the rise, officials on ‘heightened alert’
- United Kingdom: Dozens more children with sudden onset hepatitis identified
- Peru: Epidemiological alert issued due to increasing cases of Influenza A (H3N2)