In an update on the measles epidemic in Madagascar, UN health officials report, 6,607 cases of measles, including 41 deaths in the week ending Feb. 24.
This down several thousand cases from the prior week (9,902).
This brings the outbreak total to 86,985 cases, including 1,141 deaths since the outbreak began in early September 2018.
About 70% of the cases are reported in persons aged 1 to 14 years old. 104 out of 114 districts in all the 22 regions are in the epidemic phase, officials report.
- Philadelphia DOH: 19 mumps cases part of the Temple outbreak
- Measles: Pima County infant diagnosed, linked to travel
- Cebu area: Measles cases up 1,300 percent in 2019
- Rabies: Goat potentially exposes 9 in South Carolina
- Florida: 232 hepatitis A cases reported in February
- MERS: 76 cases reported in February
- Ebola, violence on health workers and more cases
- Uganda: Probable pneumonic plague reported in Zombo District
- Measles: 2,200 additional cases reported in the Philippines in 5 days
- Brooklyn: An additional 25 measles cases reported
- Possible measles exposure at LAX