In a follow-up on the measles situation in Clark County, Washington, health officials are now reporting 14 confirmed cases and three suspected cases, all among children.
One child required hospitalization for their illness.
The bulk of the children are under the age of 10 and 13 of the cases were not vaccinated. The 14th case’s vaccination status is unverified.
Clark County Public Health is urging anyone who has been exposed and believes they have symptoms of measles to call their health care provider prior to visiting the medical office to make a plan that avoids exposing others in the waiting room.
Public exposure locations
People who visited the following locations may have been exposed to measles:
Health care facilities:
- Magnolia Family Clinic, 2207 NE Broadway, Suite 200, Portland from 11:30 am to 3 pm Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- The Vancouver Clinic, 700 NE 87th Ave., Vancouver
- 3:30 to 7 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- 10:45 am to 1:30 pm Saturday Jan. 12.
- 4:30 to 7:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 9:30 am to 1 pm Monday, Jan. 14.
- Kaiser Cascade Park, 12607 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 1 to 8:30 pm Saturday, Jan. 12.
- Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel Emergency Department, 2801 N Gantenbein Ave., Portland from 11:30 am to 2 pm Saturday, Jan. 12.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Emergency Department, 400 NE Mother Joseph Pl., Vancouver
- 10 pm Saturday, Jan. 12 to 4 am Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 12:30 to 8:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 13.
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center Emergency Department, 2211 NE 139th St., Vancouver
- 8:30 pm Saturday, Jan. 12 to 1 am Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 5:45 pm Sunday, Jan. 13 and 12:30 am Monday, Jan. 14.
- Cornerstone Christian Academy, 10818 NE 117th Ave., Vancouver on Friday, Jan. 4
- Vancouver Home Connection, 301 S. Lieser Road, Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 7; Tuesday, Jan. 8; and Friday, Jan. 11.
- Hearthwood Elementary School, 801 NE Hearthwood Blvd., Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 7; Tuesday, Jan. 8; and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Image Elementary School, 4400 NE 122nd Ave., Vancouver on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Eisenhower Elementary School, 9201 NW Ninth Ave., Vancouver on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
Public Health is requiring exclusion of students and staff without documented immunity to measles from schools, child care and other congregate settings.
- Church of Christ Savior, 3612 F St., Vancouver from 9:30 am to noon Sunday, Jan. 6 and 6 to 11:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 6.
- Church of Truth, 7250 NE 41st St., Vancouver from 11 am to 4:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 6.
- Portland International Airport, 7000 NE Airport Way, Portland from 10:45 am to 3:45 pm on Monday, Jan. 7. More specifically, anyone who spent time in Concourse D and the Delta Sky Lounge during that time period.
- Costco, 4849 NE 138th Ave., Portland from 1 to 5:30 pm Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- Amazon Lockers, 1131 SW Jefferson St., Portland from 3:30 pm to 7 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Rejuvenation, 1100 SE Grand Ave. Portland from 3:30 to 7:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Pho Green Papaya, 13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 7:30 to 10:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Chuck’s Produce, 13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 8 to 11:45 pm Thursday, Jan. 10 and 2:30 to 5:30 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- Ikea, 10280 NE Cascades Parkway, Portland from 4:30 to 8:30 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
The investigation is ongoing.