By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Mexico health officials reported (computer translated) an additional 2,764 COVID-19 cases on Sunday and a record 3,329 additional cases on Saturday, bringing the total cases in the country to 68,620.
More than 400 COVID-19 related deaths were reported over the weekend, bringing the death toll to 7,394.
Almost 70% of people who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Mexico since the start of the pandemic have now recovered, about 20% currently have the disease and 10.8% died.
Mexico City has seen the most deaths reporting 1,963. This is followed by the State of Mexico and Baja California.
Despite the rising numbers, Mexico’s government said on Friday it had the coronavirus outbreak under control.
- South Korea COVID-19 response methods more effective than lockdowns: Study
- Finland: COVID-19 cases fallen for more than a month, risk of spread in schools is small
- COVID-19 antibody study in Sweden
- New Zealand reports one COVID-19 case in a week
- Brazil COVID-19: 2nd most cases in the world, Trump’s travel ban
- Canada: Fatal Lyme carditis case shows need for awareness of unusual symptoms
- Japan COVID-19: Plans to fully lift the state of emergency in Tokyo