According to the Paraguay Ministry of Health, in the past three weeks, 13,847 chikungunya cases were reported with the majority in Central (3,735, or 27%), Asuncion (2,644, or 19%) and Alto Parana (1,890, or 14%).
Since the beginning of the outbreak in October 2022 to date, 67,880 confirmed and probable cases of chikungunya have been recorded countrywide. All regions of the country are registering cases of chikungunya currently.
The cumulative incidence rate in the country is 183 cases per 100,000 population.
To date, 77 fatalities were reported.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
- Florida reports 2nd local transmission of dengue fever in 2023
- Costa Rica reports falciparum malaria outbreak in Limón province
- Marburg outbreak: Additional Marburg virus case reported in Equatorial Guinea
- Hawaii investigating measles case in unvaccinated child returning from international travel
- Michigan: Blastomycosis outbreak associated with the Escanaba Billerud Paper Mill
- São Paulo reports the most dengue cases for (January-March) since 2019
- Colombia reports 25,000 total dengue cases in 1st three months of 2023
- Canada: British Columbia lifts mask mandate in health-care facilities, Proof of vaccination to enter long-term care
- Argentina: Dengue cases continue to rise in Córdoba