By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Dengue cases continue to increase in Paraguay in 2021. More than 6,000 suspected and confirmed cases have been reported to date, one of the highest totals in the Americas.
The highest percentage of infected is located in Concepción, Boquerón and Alto Paraguay.
The predominant serotype in the country is DEN-2 and co-circulation with DEN-4 is observed in two departments, that is, in Concepción and Boquerón.
Alto Paraguay is the department with the highest incidence rate, with more than 500 notifications per 100,000 inhabitants. While, Pdte. Hayes, Concepción, Asunción, Boquerón and Ñeembucú register a notification rate between 100 and 500.
Health officials say it is urgent to become aware and not lower your guard with the daily tasks of control and elimination of mosquito breeding sites in the home and work environment, as well as in recreation spaces, on a daily basis. It is recommended to use mosquito net to sleep and repellent in outdoor activities as a protection measure.
Likewise, it is requested to pay attention to the warning signs: high fever, drowsiness, abdominal pain or bleeding, signs that should alert you to the need to go to a medical consultation immediately.
- Non-Viral hepatitis cases possibly linked to Bottled Alkaline Water
- UK variant of SARS-CoV-2 spread rapidly in care homes in England in November and December last year
- Colorado: Suspected norovirus increases reported in Mesa County child care centers
- Sweden pauses use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine pending investigation
- Ebola in DRC: 1500 vaccinated, Healthcare providers threaten strike
- MRSA: KIMYRSA (oritavancin) receives FDA approval for treatment of ABSSSI
- Spain suspends AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for the next two weeks