The Zamboanga City Health Office recorded 90 dengue cases with 1 mortality for the week ending June 25.
A nine-year-old girl from Barangay (village) Tetuan was the latest fatality on June 24.
A total of twenty dengue deaths were reported as of June 25. Twelve cases were admitted as severe dengue, six as dengue with warning signs, and two as dengue with no warning signs.
Residents are urged to relentlessly follow the 4-S strategy against dengue which involves measures to search and destroy breeding sites, particularly stagnant waters; seek early consultation; self-protection; and say ‘yes’ to fogging in areas where cases are high.
Local officials also encouraged residents to report dengue cases to their barangay officials who will coordinate with the CHO for the implementation of further measures.
- Spain receives more than 5,000 vaccines against monkeypox, 1100 confirmed cases of monkeypox have been reported
- Polio vaccination campaign launched to vaccinate 12.6 million children across Pakistan
- Second monkeypox cases reported in South Africa
- Philippines dengue: North Cotabato reports 390% increase in cases, Negros Oriental reports doubling of cases
- Monkeypox mean incubation period estimated at 8.5 days: Netherlands study
- Scabies outbreak affects more than 1000 in Hoima district, Uganda
- H5N6 avian influenza case reported in Jiangxi province, China
- Monkeypox in Africa: 1,715 cases, 73 deaths in 2022 to date, according to African CDC