The State Health Department of Rio de Janeiro confirmed today the fifth case of monkeypox in the state. According to a note released by the secretary, three patients reside in the city of Rio and one in Maricá (in Grande Rio). The fifth case is a resident of London who was traveling to Rio when the disease was confirmed.
There are still four suspected cases of the disease under investigation in the state, according to the State Health Department.
With today ‘s case , there are already 21 confirmed patients with monkeypox in Brazil, 14 in São Paulo and two in Rio Grande do Sul, in addition to those registered in Rio.
According to the Ministry of Health, another 23 cases are under investigation in the states of Ceará, Rio Grande do Sul, Paraná, Santa Catarina, Espírito Santo, Acre, Rio Grande do Norte, Minas Gerais, Goiás, Mato Grosso do Sul and Rio de Janeiro. , in addition to the Federal District.
- SARS-CoV-2 virus can lose 90% of infectivity when in aerosol particles within 20 minutes: Study
- Monkeypox reported for first time in the Twin Cities area
- Syphilis cases up 33% in Minnesota
- Portugal monkeypox cases near 400, Cases reported from Lisbon to Madeira Island
- Cebu City records more than 1300 dengue cases through first six months of 2022
- Norovirus sickens at least 150 people at Grand Canyon, Big decrease seen since early June
- France reports 1st monkeypox case in a child
- Spain receives more than 5,000 vaccines against monkeypox, 1100 confirmed cases of monkeypox have been reported