By Jory Lange
Salmonella Shrimp Recalled
The frozen cooked shrimp were supplied by Avanti Frozen Foods. The shrimp were sold under multiple brand names including 365, Censea, Chicken of the Sea, CWNO, Hannaford, Honest Catch, Meijer, Open Acres, and Waterfront Bistro. You can see the recall notices here.
The shrimp were imported between December 2020 and February 2021. But these frozen shrimp may have been sold in stores more recently.
The CDC recommends that consumers:
- Do not eat any recalled products. Throw them away or return them to where you bought them.
- Wash items and surfaces that may have touched the recalled products using hot soapy water or a dishwasher.
- Call your healthcare provider if you have one or more of these severe Salmonella symptoms:
- Diarrhea and a fever higher than 102°F
- Diarrhea for more than 3 days that is not improving
- Bloody diarrhea
- So much vomiting that you cannot keep liquids down
- Signs of dehydration, such as:
- Not urinating (peeing) much
- Dry mouth and throat
- Feeling dizzy when standing up
- Canada anthrax hoax: St. Catharines man, Joseph Knipfel arrested and charged
- Paraguay: Dengue trend is decreasing
- Finland investigates salmonella outbreak, More than 100 children sickened
- Nigeria Lassa fever cases top 300
- Dole blueberries recall: Potentially contaminated with parasite
- Cryptosporidiosis outbreak in Ireland linked to salad leaves: Research
- Philippines health orgs detect multiple incidents of COVID-19 variants locally
- Jamestown Canyon virus detected in mosquitoes in Michigan, New Hampshire
- Brazil reports 1st confirmed diphtheria case in Mato Grosso state