By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Samoa Ministry of Health confirms a total of 5,494 measles cases have been reported to the Disease Surveillance Team, since the outbreak started. There were 31 recorded in the last 24 hours.
To date, 79 measles related deaths have been recorded.
There are currently 114 measles cases who are in-patients at all health facilities. Of this, 96 are at the Tupua Tamasese Meaole Hospital (TTMH), 2 at Poutasi District Hospital, 1 at Lalomanu District Hospital, 12 at the Leulumoega Rural District Hospital, 1 at the Malietoa Tanumafili II Hospital (MTIIH), 1 at Foailalo DH and 1 in Sataua District Hospital. Admissions include 15 critically ill children in ICU/HDU.
The total number of measles cases admitted to all hospitals recorded for the outbreak to date is 1,762. Of that, 1,570 (89%) patients have been discharged.
As of December 19, 2019, approximately 94% of all eligible people in Samoa have been vaccinated against measles.
- Turkey: Measles cases up significantly in 2019
- Anthrax antibiotic: Project BioShield funding targets health security threat
- Madagascar plague cases down in 2019
- Chikungunya, Zika and dengue in Colombia
- Rio de Janeiro reports 300 percent increase in chikungunya
- Chikungunya in Sudan: Seven out of 10 cases in West Darfur