According to a World Health Organization (WHO) Situation Report today, officials report six additional Ebola virus disease (EVD) cases in Likati Health Zone, bringing the total to 43.
As of 21 May a total of two confirmed cases have been reported, three probable cases and 38 suspected cases.
The reported cases are from five health areas, namely Nambwa (24 cases and three deaths), Muma (four cases and no deaths), Ngayi (10 cases and one death), Azande (three cases and no deaths), and Ngabatala (two cases and no deaths).
In Likati awareness raising continues through radio messaging and risk communication in churches and markets. A specific radio phone session was organized at Radio Bomoko in Likati on 22 May to raise awareness on the prevention and control of EVD.
- Yemen: Cholera cases grow by 3000
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus elected new Director-General of WHO
- Measles: Potential exposures in Niagara Falls area
- Gonorrhea drug-resistance: UCLA researchers develop test to identify best treatment
- Yolo County norovirus outbreak tops 2800 cases
- Powassan virus infection in North America: A comprehensive review