Since the beginning of October 2022, the South Africa National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) reports 397 laboratory-confirmed measles cases.
Declared measles outbreaks have been reported in Limpopo (145 cases), Mpumalanga (79 cases), North West (125 cases), Gauteng (18 cases), and Free State (15 cases) provinces.
Fifteen additional cases were reported in four other provinces for a national total of 397.
Of the 382 cases in the provinces where the measles outbreak has been declared, the vaccination status of 75 (20%) was known, of whom 31 (41%) were vaccinated.
- Sweden: Salmonella outbreak sickens 22, Prompts recall of fresh eggs
- Nepal ends 2022 with 54784 dengue cases, 88 deaths
- Norway: Echinococcus canadensis detected in moose, 1st time in country
- Rat lungworm, Angiostrongylus cantonensis, detected in rats in Valencia: First time in continental Europe
- Public health education on the infectious disease risks of using tap water in medical devices is needed: Survey
- Acinetobacter baumannii: Researchers find evidence pointing to an unexpected source of such bacteria– the hospitalized patients themselves
- Brazil: 1,618 cases of acute diarrhea were reported during the first two weeks of 2023 in Florianópolis
- Serbia reports four measles cases in Smederevo