By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The number of dengue fever cases are rising at a fast pace and in November, nearly 20,000 cases were reported. Since the beginning of the year, health authorities have reported 83,365 cases to date, including 19,826 in November alone.
In all of 2018, 51,659 cases were reported.
Colombo and Gampaha have reported the most cases with 17,336 and 13,117 cases, respectively. In addition, Kalutara, Kandy, Galle and Jaffna have all reported well over 5,000 cases.
In dealing with control, the Sri Lanka Navy has pitched in with the Dengue control campaigns jointly organized by the National Dengue Control unit with Presidential Task Force the past several days.
The Dengue control campaigns are an initiative spearheaded by the Ministry of Defense along with the Ministry of Health.
- Dengue up dramatically in Ribeirão Preto in São Paulo state
- Typhoid vaccine over 81% effective in tackling disease in Nepal
- Massachusetts General Hospital publishes new Shigella research
- Tonga measles outbreak tops 400 cases
- Samoa reports two additional measles deaths in past 24 hours
- Seattle: Dozens of norovirus-like cases linked to Brave Horse Tavern
- E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Increases